Monday, December 2, 2013

Thing 23


Thing 23
Discovery Exercise: Thing 21
  1. Create an account on Animoto.
  2. Create a 30 second clip or Animoto Short, by uploading at least ten pictures. Still got the Flickr account? Animoto can link directly to it.
  3. Choose from one of the songs in Animoto's music library or upload your own music file to go with your clip.
  4. Embed your new 30 second clip onto your blog. There is a special code just for Blogger that you can use.
  5. Blog about your experience using Animoto.
(originally posted on Explore...Discover...Play: Learning 2.1 and used here under a Creative Commons license)
Posted by Anne Wall at 7:19 PM Description: http://img2.blogblog.com/img/icon18_edit_allbkg.gif

For Thing 21 Dr. Wall borrowed the activity from another site. She looked up the copy rights and saw they had creative commons license. She gave credit where credit was due.
I know that if material enhances the lesson so much so that it would only be effective with it then I can use it with a citation to the author. There are so many creative ways to teach but most are not my own ideas. Most educators use creative commons for their personal material. I can check the usage and see what criteria must be used to be able to use the material in my own classroom. Teaching students how to cite is an essential part of becoming an effective contributor in the community.  I 100% am a stickler about citations in writing papers. I am not a genius and a lot of what I think were not my original ideas. I always give credit where credit is due.

No comments:

Post a Comment