Monday, December 2, 2013

It's The End Of The Things As We Know It!


The End Of Things As We Know It!
I particularly loved the Animoto and smiley generators. I also loved learning about all google has to offer. We have a computer at home that doesn’t have Word on it so finding that you could save documents on the google drive and documents stuff was an amazing find.
I would have never Blogged outside of this program. I now want to start a special education blog where I create and facilitate a community of educator who are all reaching for the same goals for their students. I want to establish a place where we can supply and support each other’s success in the classroom.
I did not expect to learn new things (I’m using that term loosely). I honestly thought that what I already knew would help me slide by without much work having to be done. I was VERY wrong. The work wasn’t hard but it was new. I had to learn about never web tools that I had never explored before, some I LOVED and some I didn’t. Everything was a learning experience. I never expected to find tools I believe I can’t live without now.
I think the best thing the teacher could have done was to have the quarter due dates for the things and livetext exercises. Don’t change that! It kept me on target. I think the class would have been better to have the web quest done first. The web quest is very involved and we are squeezing it into the end of the semester when a million other things are due. It would have been nice to have the drawing or PowerPoint only at the end to finish.
I have new tools to bring to my classroom. This class has shown me how to teach to multiple learning styles. It creates hands on environment and it creates a better way to organize your class and parents.
I actually am going to create a new blog and have it focus specifically on working with special needs students. I want to have hyperlinks to resources with scientifically based practices. I want input and critique from peers on effective teaching methods. I never want my classroom to be boring and out of date. I want to pursue being a web 2.0er.

No comments:

Post a Comment